FLEET MANAGER – JOB VACANCY
We are a leading group of schools looking for highly organized, self-motivated and experienced team members to fill the above vacant position.
Reporting to the CFO and the CEO, the job holder will be managing the profitability of the School’s transport department through sound management by analyzing the School’s fleet profitability per vehicle; maintaining and managing Key Performance Indicators in the transport department consisting of safety records, kilometers travelled against the fuel consumed and the vehicles availability for scheduled picking and dropping of pupils, fleet maintenance, statutory compliance, staff training etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers in the School’s transport department.
- Developing efficient driver schedules.
- Managing drivers so that they adhere to strict schedules whilst instilling the rules of safety and security in drivers.
- Ensuring that all school vehicles are properly registered, licensed and comply with statutory requirements
- Ensure that the School fleet is maintained to the level that meets more than statutory requirements.
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection, ensuring that all school buses and vans are serviced and inspections are done on time
- Scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency and minimize downtime
- Monitoring driver behavior and ensuring high level of customer service
- Participate in sourcing and purchasing of new school bus / van
- Oversee the sale and/or auction of used vehicles as at when due
- Regularly report expenses and performances of the fleet to the management of the company
- Draw up a budget of the company’s fleet management department and present it to the management for further analysis and approval
- Take preventive measures to ensure the safety of vehicle’s and drivers too
- Take part in different workshops, staff trainings and or programs to keep up with new trends in the industry
- Monitor fuel purchases
- Manage the fleet of vehicles to ensure Zero accidents, fuel efficiency and proper general maintenance.
- Maintain all reports and documentation required or requested by the department head.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical and coordinating skills
- Must be a good team leader, with great leadership skills
- Good in time management
- Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management or any related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing large fleets / logistics preferably in a school.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications
- At least 2 years driving experience with a valid driving license
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send application letter and CV including current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22nd January, 2021. Only those shortlisted shall be contacted.