KITENGELA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
We wish to fill the position of School Nurse with a person(s) who have passion for healthcare and overall wellbeing of children. The person(s) will help us ensure the wellbeing, academic success, lifelong achievement and overall health of our students. The candidates should be competent, experienced health practitioners. The successful candidate should be willing to work long hours.
The candidates should have the following as minimum qualifications:
- A professional, flexible and conscientious registered nurse with the ability to build a harmonious, energetic and cohesive relationship with students and co-workers.
- Professional counseling skills with a proven track record will be an advantage.
- Willing to reside in the school campus under the school’s housing scheme.
- A Female Nurse preferred but not a must.
- Previous experience as a school nurse will be an added advantage
Roles for the School Nurse Job
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Managing our students’ wellness and development and offering them psycho-social support as needed.
- Maintaining close liaison with the medical staff at the nearest / selected private Hospital consistently
- Handle confidential medical situations, information and documentation.
- Communicate effectively at all levels with students, staff, parents and other clinicians and paramedics
- Inspecting the school facilities (boarding house, swimming pool, kitchen, dining area, classrooms, toilets and bathrooms, laundry area etc.) and appraise the level of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Monitoring standards achieved by cleaners and other support agencies within the boarding house and report on any deficiencies to the Director / Operations / Heads of Schools / CFO.
Are you a suitable candidate and currently ready and available to fill this exciting position? If so, please apply enclosing your detailed profile, testimonials and contact details of at least three professional referees. Applications must reach firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10th Nov, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Click on the link below to download the advert: