School Counsellor Job
We are a leading group of schools offering both British Curriculum and the Kenyan System of education with branches in various counties.
Due to our growth prospects and our strategic plan, we seek to fill the following key vacant position with a high caliber, self- motivated; result oriented and experienced professional to join our ecosystem.
- To provide professional and confidential counselling services to the KISC pupils/students.
- Alongside this the School Counsellor will provide staff with advice and support and play a significant role in the pastoral framework of KISC Group of Schools.
- He/she will report directly to the Chief Learning Officer, but work closely with the Heads of Schools
- Collaboratively improve and implement the existing Comprehensive School Counseling Policy with the Heads of schools
- Develop and maintain a written plan for effective delivery of the school counseling program based on best practice approaches and in line with the school’s
- To provide an independent and confidential counselling service to pupils and staff at Kitengela International School, through individual sessions, responding to their personal, social, emotional or educational concerns
- To promote a caring and supportive environment where such concerns may be explored, thereby promoting the mental and emotional health of pupils at KISC
- To maintain confidentiality (except in those circumstances, in line with Kitengela Intl’ School practice, where this should be breached)
- Accurately and appropriately use assessment procedures for determining and structuring individual and group counseling
- Consult the Heads of School if there is the need to invite an external service provider for the whole school, or for pupils, or for members of
- To make referrals, where appropriate
- To be alert to trends and patterns of problems and to be willing to identify causes and recommend corrective action
- To play an active role in safeguarding children and adhere fully to the Kitengela Intl’ school policies, especially the Safeguarding and Child Protection
- To maintain a high level of knowledge and awareness of changes and developments in the fields of counselling and education and their impact on the delivery of counselling;
- To work with groups or classes of children where required and in consultation with the relevant members of staff
- To contribute in any other reasonable fashion to promote the safety and wellbeing of the
- Between 3-5 years of experience in institutional counselling
- Have Professional Training in Counselling- Higher National Diploma or Degree
- Experience in counselling teens and young adults
- You are a great communicator: You are able to provide a clear and persuasive pitch to anyone and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are results driven, goal oriented, move fast, and take ownership of work
How to Apply
~All successful candidates must be less than 45 years old.
~Interested applicants should log on www.kisc.sc.ke for details on qualifications, duties and responsibilities.
~Send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25th June 2021.
~Only those shortlisted shall be contacted.
~You are encouraged to attach your application letter and CV in PDF format to protect formatting. KISC is an equal opportunity employer